Wednesday 26 August 2015

I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes

A few people had recommended  this to me and I had it on my bedside table for a few weeks. After reading a random review comparing it to Frederick Forsyth, I opened it one Friday and didn't put it down for the rest of the weekend.

A detective notices murders based on a book he wrote anonymously when he was a spook. Following leads he discovers a terrorist plot against the United States. Reluctantly he goes back into the spy world, trying to foil the upcoming attack. He realises that the terrorist responsible has gone undetected   and is as brilliant, if not better at his tradecraft than anyone else. Unravelling first the connection and cause he sets out to catch him before the unthinkable...

It is everything a spy novel should be; enough twists to keep you turning the pages, believable characters and a tight plot! Stunning debut from one of Hollywood's great scriptwriters.

KD 


No comments: