Tuesday 26 June 2018

One in a Million by Lindsey Kelk

A rom com with more com than room!

I loved this light hearted hilarious read. I also loved that the male love interest was a long lanky guy with a grizzly beard and that the heroine was a lazy, untidy mess! It's so real life. Had they both been gorgeous, I would have chucked that book across the room and would have been damned by the Book God's forever!

There are laugh out loud moments throughout, but especially when Annie can't help herself and accepts an almost impossible bet...have we not all done this? Then sanity comes marching in and it's too late to extricate your foot from your mouth! The odds against Annie soon stack up, which has her tackle her task with the more zeal!

The dialogue between the best friends reminded me of me and mine. Witty, blunt and Uber sarcastic.

I have never read Lindsey Kelk before so looked up her other books, picked one of the I Heart series and I must confess that it didn't grab me, so much so that the title escapes me *facepalm*

That being said...this was great and fans of the genre will be in for a treat!

No comments: