Thursday 8 February 2018

Review: Dead Souls

Dead Souls Dead Souls by Angela Marsons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bones from a few bodies are 'found' in one grave by Dr A and where there are bodies, you will inevitably find DI Kim Stone. However this particular site has an unclear jurisdictional border, so she is forced to work with Detective Travis in a joint investigation and her team is left to fend for themselves.

Kim and Travis uncover a strange agreement between the landlord and tenant of the grave site. Further events connecting both parties brings to light sinister events.

You get to know a few characters a little better than you did in previous novels. I Dr A features a bit more and I love the dynamic of Travis and Kim and the slow resolve of their relationship. You are taken to previous a time in Kim's life not seen before.

This novel also tackles the social injustice of racism. Angela Marsons deals with it in a forthright manner and pushes to you think of the extreme results of racism.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. @writeangie is fast on the heels of my idol @slaughterkarin with this installment of her Kim Stone series.

View all my reviews

No comments: