Tuesday 12 April 2016

Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz

What a treat! Thank you Jonathan Ball Publishers for this review copy!

It has been years since I've read a Dean Kootz novel. They are take me back to my teen years where I devoured every Koontz and King novel I could lay my hands on!

It took me awhile to get into as I've been hooked on several non fiction reads. (See   A Mother's Reckoning and Black Flags). 

Enter Bibi Blair, young and talented with so much to offer life. Devastatingly she is suddenly diagnosed with a rare form brain cancer and is given a short while to live. 

Admirably, she insists she will beat it and miraculously, she does-in a day-and here is where this story begins.

With doses of standard Koontz ingredients: golden Labrador, mystery, mayhem and spookiness this novel is everything you expect as a fan. 
Do not read if you are expecting something different. 

No comments: