Monday 5 October 2015

Dark Places Movie Review


"The books are always better than the movies." That's a line we're all familiar with.

That being said, this was probably the worst adaptation of a book I have ever seen.

The story, as always, was changed for a viewing audience. I was not surprised to see that Gillian Flynn's name did not appear in the credits. I think if she had some input, it wouldn't have been half as bad.

Seeing the trailer, I assumed that after her  performance in Monster, Charlize Theron would have played a brilliant Libby Day. Unfortunately, I doubt she even read the book. 

Overall, the movie failed to convey the mood of the book and Charlize failed to convey Libby Day's desperation.

I hope that Sharp Objects, should it ever be made into a movie, will have the creative input of the genius that is Gillian Flynn.

No comments: